Power, Energy and Natural Resources
- Acted on behalf of a German energy and power company in the preparation of bid documents for the acquisition of the interests of a Canadian energy company in a production sharing contract for the exploitation of a natural gas field offshore Trinidad.
- Negotiated and prepared for an electricity power company, power generation, transmission, distribution and construction contracts and their related financing agreements; advised on related environmental law requirements.
- Assisted in negotiations for the purchase, construction and financing of generation plants for upgrades to power stations.
- Negotiated and prepared agreements relating to the establishment, construction and financing of urea, methanol and ammonia plants.
- Prepared agreements for the purchase and sale of natural gas.
- Prepared various licences required under the petroleum legislation including the first LNG Licence for Trinidad and Tobago for liquefaction and export of LNG.
- Advised on legal and regulatory framework and pipeline operations for Trinidad and Tobago.
- Handled contractual matters relating to tankers and port facilities for a petroleum marketing company.