May 11 2020 | John Mair
Dear Valued Clients
Mair and Company has remained open from the start of the Covid-19 crisis and are deeply committed to maintaining essential legal services for our clients, through the present situation and beyond. We will always put your needs first.
We at Mair and Company have been closely following the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on our country, our businesses, our health and also the global impact.
As businesses are slowly opening back up, and in accordance with the guidance provided by our Ministry of Health, we have taken appropriate precautions to prevent the spread of the virus and protect human health. Our most urgent concern is the health and well-being of our employees, clients, service providers and suppliers. We have kept our demands and requests to them to a minimum to avoid unnecessary exposure to them. Although we are designated an essential service, we elected to close our office and operate remotely from home. We have been communicating (by telephone, email, and video conferencing) with many of our clients and have continued to provide our services as usual.
Many businesses are struggling to find avenues for survival and are considering options available to them. Decisions on options will need careful, holistic consideration, including the commercial and legal implications, regulatory requirements and a weakened economy in a post COVID-19 scenario. Among those options, for example, may be:
- renegotiation of contract terms or opting out of agreements due to unforeseen and uncontemplated circumstances;
- renegotiation of loans, credit terms, mortgages, interest rates and fees;
- seeking shelter/ assistance under the new insolvency and bankruptcy legislation;
- different employment options, creative and economical ways in managing and operating our organisations and businesses such as downsizing, part-time utilisation of staff, and greater use of technology.
- forging alliances, public-private partnerships or mergers.
Mair and Company is here to assist you at any time. You can rely on our providing you with the necessary legal advice and on our unstinting support to help you through this uncertain journey into the future.
We thank you for the confidence that you have placed in us and for your continued support of Mair and Company.